Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cosmic connections

Just after I finally got off my butt and posted the first post, I thought it might be interesting to look up this day, Jan 6th , and see if I could find any references to anything that might have a connect with this Blog.

The findings Follow.


Epiphany, meaning 'appearance' or 'manifestation', is a Christian feast intended to celebrate the "shining forth" or revelation of God to mankind in human form, in the person of Jesus. Some Christians commemorate the visitation of the Magi to the child Jesus on this day, while others use the day to commemorate the baptism of Jesus as an adult. It is also called Theophany, especially by those commemorating Christ's baptism.

The date of the feast was very early fixed on January 6. Ancient Liturgies speak of Illuminatio, Manifestatio, Declaratio (Lighting, Manifestation, Declaration); cf. Matthew 3:13–17; Luke 3:22; and John 2:1–11; where the Baptism and the Marriage at Cana are dwelt upon.
Well , sounds like a good day to start :) . 
And now this puts me in an egomanical mood.
However on a more sober note. This day was also ,

in 1940 - Mass execution of Poles, committed by Germans in the city of PoznaƄ, Warthegau.

Well so theres the Yin and Yang of it, but I think I'll focus on the good.
Happy Jan 6th. 

Over and Out!

No comments: